Pages

11/24/2010

What books are best when learning a new instrument?

Christmas is right around the corner and a lot of children and adults alike can't wait to get that new guitar to learn how to play like their favorite artist.  But, what about the books and learning material?  Which guitar teacher?  It's been proven that students learn much quicker from a guitar teacher than on their own.  I know I started out a self-taught player, but learned 5 years worth (approximately) of valuable musical information by signing up with a guitar educator and by going to school.  I've gone through hundreds of books in all my years of playing, learning, and teaching, but have only found a handful that I keep going back to.  I highly recommend anything from Berklee Press.  They have many great books.  Here is a list of books that I've made that are really great to learn from rudiments to tunes to all in between.

For more info about books or lessons contact me at neworleansmusiclessons@gmail.com or www.neworleansmusiclessons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment